• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

search and seisure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jay

the mater regards a no-knock Narcotic search and seisure warrant served on my home in which items from my home were removed by the Baltimore City Police Department of Maryland. No narcotics were found at my home. I question the validity of the
warrant as it was referenced to a family member that dosen't live at my home but only uses my home address for automobile insurance purposes. This warrant was served approx 10 days ago and I haven't heard from the police department regarding
returing my items. How do i get my items back? One of the items removed from my home was a firearm not licenced to me. Will i be charged with a crime because of that?

A

ArizonaAl

I'm not from Maryland but I know one thing -- if I were afraid of being charged with a crime I would hire a criminal defense lawyer as early as possible. That's when the lawyer can do you the most good, whether it is to supress the evidence because of an improperly issued warrant, work out a deal with the police and prosecutors, or just get the stuff back for you. Have you used AttorneyPages.com?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">