• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

searching phone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Adult upskirt pics
The more photos found on your phone, the worse trouble you are in - but two photos alone can support charges. You need to have an attorney who can help you navigate the legal consequences of your actions. If you cannot afford a private attorney, your appointed attorney will represent your best interests. The only drawback that can come from having a public defender is that the public defender’s time can be limited.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You should assume they will scour your phone - and potentially more - to make the charges stick.

And as a pointer, moving forward? Most of us don't like our hooha's photographed. Especially w/o consent. We don't like pictures of your junk, either.

quincy

Here is a link to the law you are accused of violating:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0800-0899/0810/Sections/0810.145.html

It is important for you to NOT discuss what you did with anyone but your attorney. The more you say to ANYONE but your attorney, the worse it can be legally for you. Anything you say to family, friends, acquaintances, or online about the upskirting potentially can be used as evidence against you.

Again, watch the video provided earlier. It offers smart advice.

jomehalo

I will watch the video. Thanks for your help and advice!

I will most likely be asking for a good lawyer for potential future charges also. I appreciate you!!

quincy

I will watch the video. Thanks for your help and advice!

I will most likely be asking for a good lawyer for potential future charges also. I appreciate you!!
If you can afford to pay a private attorney, the private attorney should be able to devote more time to you and your case. That can be helpful. Public defenders are available to the indigent, however, so if you cannot afford an attorney, the court appoints one.

Public defenders are (generally) good attorneys, but with high case loads. This can be both a pro and a con. With an extremely high caseload, the public defender cannot spend as much time on each individual case - it is just not humanly possible - but the public defender also will (generally) have greater experience and will often know well the judges and prosecutors, which can be helpful.

That said, it might not be your choice. You must be financially eligible to qualify for a public defender. If you don’t qualify, you will need to find a private attorney. I suggest you look at experience first and do not be conned into thinking that the most expensive attorney is necessarily the best. That is not always, or even generally, true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">