• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Self Employing As A None Medical Care Aid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

20142019Ov

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania

I have a friend who is currently employed as a home care aid. Currently she is employed through a localNursing home that provides care onsite and off. She does not handle any medical care .The best way to put it is she’s a Senior Baby Sitter . She would like to branch out on her own many of her current clients have offered to pay herunder the table just in order to keep her as their or their family members care taker. She obviously has not taken up the offer but it’s clear there’s a lot of potential for clients. In the state of Pennsylvania We know she would need a EIN and to report her wages to the IRS but what else would she need in order to be a 100% legal and legitimate self employed None medical care aid. We’ve done some research and have only found information on starting up a Medical home health Care aid business, which isn’t what she would be doing .

Just Blue

I have a friend who is currently employed as a home care aid. Currently she is employed through a localNursing home that provides care onsite and off. She does not handle any medical care .The best way to put it is she’s a Senior Baby Sitter . She would like to branch out on her own many of her current clients have offered to pay herunder the table just in order to keep her as their or their family members care taker. She obviously has not taken up the offer but it’s clear there’s a lot of potential for clients. In the state of Pennsylvania We know she would need a EIN and to report her wages to the IRS but what else would she need in order to be a 100% legal and legitimate self employed None medical care aid. We’ve done some research and have only found information on starting up a Medical home health Care aid business, which isn’t what she would be doing .
Please ask your friend to sign up with her own user name to ask her questions. It's better if we can "talk" to the actual party. Thank You...

20142019Ov

Please ask your friend to sign up with her own user name to ask her questions. It's better if we can "talk" to the actual party. Thank You...
This is mine, I needed help wording what I was trying to ask any info would b much appreciated thank u in advance

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
We know she would need a EIN and to report her wages to the IRS but what else would she need in order to be a 100% legal and legitimate self employed None medical care aid.
Unless she forms a corporation for this or has partners in the business she isn't eve required to have an EIN. She just reports the income on her federal, state, and perhaps city/township income tax returns using her SSN. Failure to report and pay tax on the income would, of court, put her at risk of serious tax problems. She does not need any federal license to do this, nor likely any state or local licenses beyond perhaps a basic business license that some cities/townships may require. My grandmother had a home care aid in PA some years ago and there were no specific licenses or certifications required then and I doubt that's changed much since. She'd do well, though, to consult a local business attorney to ensure that she has all her bases covered.

quincy

Your friend will want to make sure that the families she works for have adequate insurance to cover her should she be injured on the job, as she will no longer have her current employer’s worker’s compensation to rely on.

eerelations

She should have an attorney review any non-compete/non-solicitation agreements she may have signed with the nursing home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">