• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling my house...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpfups

What is the name of your state? MD

Have been seperated for a year & a half now...Going to court this Thursday to hopefully be divorced...My ex & I agreed to a consent order back in May of 2003...However within a month of her signing the order she wants to change it...However, on this consent order she agreed to transfer all her rights, title & interest to my house over to me..Thus giving me the power of attorney over my house...However, my lawyer presented her with the deed to do this back in August ...She has yet to sign these papers & is in breach of the consent order...The problem im having is that id like to sell this house because i cannot afford the steep payments anymore..I cant do this until she signs the papers over to me as required by law...The house will eventually foreclose if this isnt done soon...

My question is, is there anything i can do in the meanwhile til she is forced to sign these papers..Im almost 4 months behind on my house payments because i cant afford it & her name is on the loan so i cant sell the house til she signs the deed over to me...If anyone can help id greatly appreciate it...

nextwife

Why don't you both agree to put it on the market at a price whrer it will sell quickly? Offer to split any profits. Being stubborn will only end up having a Foreclosure hanging over both your heads. Just agree to sell the place NOW!

mpfups

See thats the problem, she agreed per the consent order that I get the house, any profits from it go to me, etc..She has never put a dime towards the house or anything....This is something SHE agreed to & was happy with...Now she won't sign any listing contracts or anything..Just don't make sense to me...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">