• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

semi truck accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kalipaint

What is the name of your state? Arizona
My husband is a semi truck driver. He was involved in a accident that had a fatality. He was driving down a freeway and the cars in front of him all of a sudden stopped. He could not stop in time, and ran over one car and when he landed he landed on the back of a pickup and t-boned another vehicle that had a t-bone on the other side from a vehicle. There were six other vehicles that rear ended each other coming up on the accident. My husband thinks that there was a accident already and that is why the cars had stopped. As far as the other 6, I'm sure they had the same problem my husband did, could not stop in time. My husband was not cited and recieved no tickets. He still has his CDL. But now no insurance company will insure him so he can not work. The DPS report did not state that anyone in particular caused the accident, but it did lean towards my husband. This report was taken from the statements of the people involved in the crash. My questions are, since my husband was not found at fault, can the people in the crash try to sue him? Will they sue the insurance company and then can the insurance company turn around and sue my husband? Also the people that rear ended each other can they sue my husband? Last question, how can these people blame my husband for the accident, when he was not found at fault? In Arizona it is community property state, and if they sue my husband, they will have to sue me also. Any response to my questions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kalipaint said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona
My husband is a semi truck driver. He was involved in a accident that had a fatality. He was driving down a freeway and the cars in front of him all of a sudden stopped. He could not stop in time, and ran over one car and when he landed he landed on the back of a pickup and t-boned another vehicle that had a t-bone on the other side from a vehicle. There were six other vehicles that rear ended each other coming up on the accident. My husband thinks that there was a accident already and that is why the cars had stopped. As far as the other 6, I'm sure they had the same problem my husband did, could not stop in time. My husband was not cited and recieved no tickets. He still has his CDL. But now no insurance company will insure him so he can not work. The DPS report did not state that anyone in particular caused the accident, but it did lean towards my husband. This report was taken from the statements of the people involved in the crash. My questions are, since my husband was not found at fault, can the people in the crash try to sue him? Will they sue the insurance company and then can the insurance company turn around and sue my husband? Also the people that rear ended each other can they sue my husband? Last question, how can these people blame my husband for the accident, when he was not found at fault? In Arizona it is community property state, and if they sue my husband, they will have to sue me also. Any response to my questions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

My response:

Cool accident! I would have liked to have seen THAT happen!

Anyway, some of your post doesn't make sense. First, you say "The DPS report did not state that anyone in particular caused the accident, but it did lean towards my husband." Then, almost inexplicably, you conclude by saying, "how can these people blame my husband for the accident, when he was not found at fault?"

Do you see my quandary?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">