• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sentencing Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



It is to my understanding that if convicted of assuatt 3rd then the split sentence could be 3 years of probation and up to a 60 day jail sentence. The judge had me put in jail for 6 months and then gave me 3 years probation. I believe that I was given an illegal sentence. It has been about 6-7 months since then, what can I do to correct the mistake? Tell the judge? Go to a higher judge? Tell my paid attorney? Also, what is the likelyhood of the sentence being changed?


Senior Member
If you have an attorney s/he should have objected immediately and appealed if necessary, provided the sentence was illegal under sentencing guidelines or otherwise.

This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential