• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Served Papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Washington State
My mother was served papers for me at a house I have not lived in for years. Can a collection agency serve papers to a third party? After they have been told on numerous occasions that I do not live there? If not what do I do?

Thank you,


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential