• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Service agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccjdap15

I am going to take this one by one.

First off, The person who actually says, I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY... please do not comment on this post, you are not a lawyer and for you to actually try and tell me what a lawyer said in my state makes you not intellectually capable of having this conversation.

Just Blue

First off, The person who actually says, I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY... please do not comment on this post, you are not a lawyer and for you to actually try and tell me what a lawyer said in my state makes you not intellectually capable of having this conversation.
Did you read the TOS? I'm going to guess you did not.

ccjdap15

For everyone, if I called this company and they forward me to spoke to someone and I have a call log with an ample amount of time, this proves that some type of call did take place, what was said is unknown.. BUT! the fact that the company did not ask my artist to leave at ANYTIME, leaves the burden on them.. Why? Why would I leave artist somewhere that she is not wanted and isnt getting paid for?

I do agree with the person who said, "But someone cannot just show up at an event (unwanted, not hired) and perform a service and expect to get paid. "

But this same person should be asked to leave if they did not fill out the service agreement. The person was not asked to leave but asked to stay and paint. If this service agreement meant so much why did they not tell my artist to leave.

Therefore my lawyer said the burden is on the company.

ccjdap15

Did you read the TOS? I'm going to guess you did not.
Yes, I read the terms of agreement , I am assuming she didnt read my contract since she signed it and asked if I could elaborate why I didnt feel comfortable signing her TOS. The reason why I didnt sign her TOS is it took all liability and put it on my company if anything happen. In todays world I am not going to send my female artist with not protections. In a generalized statement her service agreement said if anything happens physically, mentally, or ANYTHING they are not liable, you are not to sue, if you do sue you will pay all fees.

Just Blue

Yes, I read the terms of agreement , I am assuming she didnt read my contract since she signed it and asked if I could elaborate why I didnt feel comfortable signing her TOS. The reason why I didnt sign her TOS is it took all liability and put it on my company if anything happen. In todays world I am not going to send my female artist with not protections. In a generalized statement her service agreement said if anything happens physically, mentally, or ANYTHING they are not liable, you are not to sue, if you do sue you will pay all fees.
sigh...

I was referring to the TOS of FreeAdvice.

quincy

Please read the IMPORTANT NOTICE at the bottom of the page.

Most of those responding to questions on this forum are not attorneys. And, even when a poster receives a response from one of the attorney-members on this forum, their advice does not take the place of an attorney licensed to practice in a poster's own jurisdiction.

A poster to this site does not get to dictate who responds and who doesn't. If you don't like a response, ignore it. Take from this forum what you find helpful (if anything) and leave the rest behind.

As to your latest post and its questions: Most of those you see at an event are not involved in the hiring of the participants. They are not expected to know if someone is there on contract or not.

The agreement you were asked to sign is a standard waiver of liability agreement that most events require are signed.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Im sorry, but why would you "sigh" about this when we were talking about service agreements?
Did you read what I posted beyond the "sigh"? Please read the TOS of FREE ADVICE. It's at the bottom of every page and was recommended for you to read when you joined this site.

ccjdap15

Oh, I see. I agree I felt attacked by him and how he held under assumption that I misunderstood something... Thank you. You are right, him attacking me, I should not attacked him back.

Just Blue

Oh, I see. I agree I felt attacked by him and how he held under assumption that I misunderstood something... Thank you. You are right, him attacking me, I should not attacked him back.
Do what your attorney told you to do. Good luck with that...:rolleyes:

quincy

Oh, geez. Did you read the answers to your questions or are you just going to argue about the terms of this site?

Am I wasting my time trying to assist?

ccjdap15

Please read the IMPORTANT NOTICE at the bottom of the page.

Most of those responding to questions on this forum are not attorneys. And, even when a poster receives a response from one of the attorney-members on this forum, their advice does not take the place of an attorney licensed to practice in a poster's own jurisdiction.

A poster to this site does not get to dictate who responds and who doesn't. If you don't like a response, ignore it. Take from this forum what you find helpful (if anything) and leave the rest behind.

To your latest post: Most of those you see at an event are not involved in the hiring of the participants. They are not expected to know if someone is there on contract or not.

The agreement you were asked to sign is a standard waiver of liability agreement that most events require are signed.

But since the head person was the manager on duty was there and never once told her to leave, "Why?" is because the conversation we had on the phone with the "nobody".
Oh, geez. Did you read the answers to your questions or are you just going to argue about the terms of this site?
Actually I have been reading each one and reading each one.. So, maybe you are looking to argue or wait for me to response to each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">