• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Serving subpoenas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Downbutnotout2

What is the name of your state? PA

Can a person serve a subpoena as part of a judgement collection to a third party not on the judgement (ie, not the defendant but someone with the records I need)? (This is not a duces tuum but subpoena to produce documents. If it's what I need, I can proceed with collection via levy; otherwise do a dep & discovery w/the lawyer. The debtor is hostile and will not pay, so I hope to avoid that step and just do it.) I was advised to do the subpoena by one attorney and then advised by another according to Rule 4009.21 (civil code) that you have to give notice. So I'm confused: notice to whom, the party I want to subpoena or the defendant, who can then object and say no don't send anything??? :confused:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">