• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Set For Arbitration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? OR

I recently filed an answer to a summons. Now I received
a letter from the court saying it's going to arbitrtion. Frankly
all I want to do is drag this out as long as possible. I'm expecting
some money in the next few months, then I will negotiate with
the creditor and pay them a portion of the amount owed in
one lump sum. I don't want them to get a judgement before
I get the money to negotiate.

What should I say at the arbitration how can I drag this out as long as possible?




Thanks, but how do I do that...
Do I have to file a form?


Senior Member
bigun said:
Contact the court clerk and ask about the procedure.
**A: a court clerk is not involved in the rules of arbitration procedure. Arbitration is a form of ADR not litigation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential