• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sex offender neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

They just found out their neighbor on the other side is a registered sex offender.
A sex OFFENDER or a PREDATOR? It's not the same animal, and they do have different classifications.

I believe that by Florida standards, an offender constitutes sexual crimes against ADULTS, whereas a predator constitutes crimes against MINORS or children.

And I do remember there being a discussion over "Romeo and Juliet" offenders being stricken from being published on the database, but I can't recall exactly.

swalsh411

A public urination charge can land you on the offender list. You really need to dig a little deeper to see exactly what the conviction was, and how long ago, before jumping on conclusions.

The OP's apparent belief that anybody in the registry is automatically a threat to children is knee-jerk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">