• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexually active at 13

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have joint legal custody with my ex and he had physical placement. Long story of why this happened. My 13 year old daughter started to become sexually active at 12 and father and step-mom have nothing to say or do about it. They will not confront the boy's parents and they are still encouraging boyfriend relationships. She is allowed to have her boyfriends over and go with them alone to do things. What is my recourse for this? I do not feel this is appropriate. Since at my house, I believe in strict rules and discipline, she has decided to no longer come to my house. Yes, I could force her to come as per our court order, but that only will make things worse.
Any suggestions???


Senior Member
if you have actual knowledge your daughter is having sex at age 13 and dad is not doing anything about contacting the boy's parents, why haven't you contacted the boy's parents?

If you dont wish to do the above, you could always report the boy's actions to the police and make it a criminal matter.


Stephenk has posed a good point--you could assume the responsibility of contacting the boys family since this arrangement doesn't seem to bother your daughters father. In the mean time, I would take your 13 year-old to the clinic for a physical and birth control. Working in healthcare, our female patients are younger each year. It's a fact of life, your daughter has already began to express her sexual desires and your words alone will most likely not prevent her from engaging in such activities, especially since she has "approval" from her father. In my opinion, your responsibilities would be to remain stern with your daughter (per your desires) and help educate her, and help her protect herself. I think you'll feel much better about yourself in the long run. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential