• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shadetree mechanics

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shortstop921

What is the name of your state?:mad: What is the name of your state?Georgia

:mad:
After having my vehicle diagnosed by a legitimate autoshop that is known nationwide. I decided to take it to a mechanic that does work on the side in front oif his house because I could not afford too pay the price of the autoshop. After taking 3 days to check the vehicle out he informed me that it was not what the autoshop said the problem was that it was something else. He assured me over and over that was the the problem and once he did the work the car would be running again. Well, I went and spent 300.00 dollars on the part and he agreed to install it for a fee of 225.00. After he installed the part he didnot call me to tell me the car still wouldnot startup. I had to hunt him down for two weeks. Then he informed me that it was alot of other things also that was causing it not crank. Finally, he admitted that he found that it was a similiar problem to what the autoshop had told me earlier. He expects me to pay him but my car is still inoperable.

I am I obligated by law to pay this guy?

I still donot have a car to drive, How do I go about getting my car back?, So that I can take it to an auto repair shop.

Also there were no contracts or written documents, everything was verbal....

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">