• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She either shoved him or she didn't

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

We need to look at this from a step back.

If I had received a call from my children - who were so scared they had locked themselves in a room to make the call - and neither legal parent was within earshot... AND the person with the child had prevented communication between those children and those legal parents... I would have had squad cars out front before step mom knew what was happening.

If, instead of stepmom, you were out for the evening and the kids called you to tell you that the sitter had gone nuts and they had locked themselves in a bedroom out of fear, what would you do? Would you rush home?

Mom can't... it is dad's time. I would, therefore, send those in the chain of authority that are qualified to intervene.

That would, again, be CPS. Fine, call the police instead.

DON'T wait for this to escalate before you do.
Yup, I sure wish the OP would come back. Abuse usually escalates, its just a matter of time. I can not tell you how many times I have heard parents down play abuse saying "oh its just a slap" "oh its just a push." I of course made a call to CPS and the usually they just take it as "information only." Then in the future when the child is telling me how mom, dad or whoever slapped them across the back so hard that it left a hand print bruise than I call CPS and they listen and go out to the house.

kimberlywrites

Yup, I sure wish the OP would come back. Abuse usually escalates, its just a matter of time. I can not tell you how many times I have heard parents down play abuse saying "oh its just a slap" "oh its just a push." I of course made a call to CPS and the usually they just take it as "information only." Then in the future when the child is telling me how mom, dad or whoever slapped them across the back so hard that it left a hand print bruise than I call CPS and they listen and go out to the house.
I'm here, I'm back, been taking it all in. The kids are both significantly downplaying what happened - since I spoke to dad about it. I honestly can't tell if they over-reacted or not. They come back to me tomorrow...that might enlighten me some. Meanwhile I have documented the entire incident including dates and times.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">