• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shell game

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jt123mim

What is the name of your state?Ca.
What can I do if my ex husband and his attorney were ordered to send me and the judge a copy of his pay stubs and they are completley different then the ones that were sent to me six months ago. He has the same job title, yet his pay stubs are showing a substantial less amount then six months prior. Also his company is giving him bonuses per paycheck as opposed to his once a year bonus. His boss advised him on his attorney and I believe that the payroll department, at his attorneys and his request are moving his pay around so that it may be hidden. Is their anything I can do about this?

Last edited:

nextwife

Hey, I'm in sales, and my paycheck is well lower this year than last because I lost some long term (a decade of working together) clients to mergers and outsourcing. Many of us DO see years where our pay may be lower. Are his "bonuses" incentive pay? Is the company perhaps using a different bookeeping/pay approach, (maybe now a shareholder company), so they would rather spread expenses out and not show them all in one quarter so they don't have "bad quarters" reported to shareholders?? There could be many reasons the company has revisited the pay structure.

Have you researched his company to see if there may be logical reasons his pay is less? I don't know what business he is in, but I grew up in a household in which my father's income (no CS involved) fluctuated up and down from year to year due to market forces. Not all pay flux is part of a covert plan. Your ex will have a W2 reported at year end, and whatever he has been paid will be reported.

Is he not paying his court ordered child support?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">