• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shipping refund: Item Not As Described

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

Yes. But it would be the rare contract I would think that says “even if we send you something you don’t want and didn’t order, you still must pay to send it back to us.”
Not rare at all. I order frequently on the internet. Amazon and eBay offer free returns on many items. Other vendors make it clear in their terms that return shipping is paid by the buyer.

quincy

Not rare at all. I order frequently on the internet. Amazon and eBay offer free returns on many items. Other vendors make it clear in their terms that return shipping is paid by the buyer.
That can apply to items that were actually ordered or in the condition as ordered. A vender cannot send you just anything and then expect you to pay for its return.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That can apply to items that were actually ordered or in the condition as ordered. A vender cannot send you just anything and then expect you to pay for its return.
Actually, a vendor CAN specify that in the contract.
In any case, it's very likely that the OP would spend more trying to get the shipping costs back than what the shipping costs were.

quincy

Actually, a vendor CAN specify that in the contract.
In any case, it's very likely that the OP would spend more trying to get the shipping costs back than what the shipping costs were.
A buyer would be awfully stupid to agree to that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">