• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shop has full payment, but won't finish car..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Misterskyline

Hey guys, just wanted to update everyone that i was able to get the car back in February of this year after lots of back and forth with them and i had to threaten them with every legal action and bad reviews i could come up with to get them to finish the car. Even after the engine was in the car, they wouldnt finish unless i gave them another payment. I told them no and you better finish. I do believe they did some damage to the wiring and other things but at least the car is back in my care. Good life lesson. If you can do it yourself, then just do it yourself. And watch out for red flags like upfront payments etc.

quincy

Hey guys, just wanted to update everyone that i was able to get the car back in February of this year ... Good life lesson ... And watch out for red flags like upfront payments etc.
Thank you for returning to the forum with your good-news update, Misterskyline.

Your last “life lesson” is a good one. When you pay in full before a job is completed and inspected, you lose significant negotiating power.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">