• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoplifting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diamond20

What is the name of your state? - Pennsylvania

A few days ago my sister-in-law was at the mall with a friend, and aparently her friend had switched a price tag on a dress for a cheaper price, or something like that. The store called the police and both girls were taken to the police station. They were released shortly after and give a court sitation.

And now my sister-in-law is worried if that will be on her record and will prevent her from getting a job. I actually recommended her to the place where I work and they might check her record. Neither her nor her friend were ever arrested before. Also she did not do anything, she simply was there in the store and have not even seen her friend switching the price tag. At least that's what she claims

What are the possible consequences and what can she do to make her situation better?

SHORTY LONG

When she appears in Court, hopefully she will convince the Court that, she is not
guilty of the alleged charge. Other than that, if there is a problem, hire an Attorney
to represent her best interests. Additionally, if she is not found guilty, then make
sure she requests that her record be sealed, or expunged.

Silverplum

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/janesaddiction/beencaughtstealing.html

"Been Caught Stealing"

I've been caught stealing;
once when I was 5...
I enjoy stealing.
It's just as simple as that.
Well, it's just a simple fact.
When I want something,
I don't want to pay for it.

I walk right through the door.
Walk right through the door.
Hey all right! If I get by, it's mine.
Mine all mine!

What is the name of your state? - Pennsylvania

A few days ago my sister-in-law was at the mall with a friend, and aparently her friend had switched a price tag on a dress for a cheaper price, or something like that. The store called the police and both girls were taken to the police station. They were released shortly after and give a court sitation.

And now my sister-in-law is worried if that will be on her record and will prevent her from getting a job. I actually recommended her to the place where I work and they might check her record. Neither her nor her friend were ever arrested before. Also she did not do anything, she simply was there in the store and have not even seen her friend switching the price tag. At least that's what she claims

What are the possible consequences and what can she do to make her situation better?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">