• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I trust this website: XXXXX ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was looking around for free copyright websites (too cheap to pay) and I found this website:

XXXXXX

They have 300,000 members and claim to protect your work with copyright.

Is there any catch to this?
Is this a scam?

I want to copyright my app so guess this website works.

THanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

So I was looking around for free copyright websites (too cheap to pay) and I found this website:

xxx.com

They have 300,000 members and claim to protect your work with copyright.

Is there any catch to this?
Is this a scam?

I want to copyright my app so guess this website works.

THanks.
What is the name of your state or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country?

Original and creative works are automatically copyrighted as soon as they are fixed in a tangible form (e.g., paint to canvas, pen to paper, sounds to recorder). Registration of a copyright is not necessary. Registration, however, provides additional protection for a copyrighted work in the event the work is infringed.

The cost to register a work with the US Copyright Office is $35 and makes the registrant eligible for statutory damages if the work is infringed ($750 to $30,000 per work or $150,000 for especially egregious infringement).

Here is a link you can trust, to the US Copyright Office: http://www.copyright.gov

Last edited:
Im in Canada but this app will be released globally.

Thanks for the info!

Is creative commons a better option than copyrighted.com?

And is XXXX a scam?

quincy

Im in Canada but this app will be released globally.

Thanks for the info!

Is creative commons a better option than xxx.com?

And is xxx.com a scam?
Creative Commons is a different animal.

You will want to speak to an attorney in Canada for the laws that apply to you.

Unless you feel there is some reason why you cannot monitor your own works (for free), I see no advantage in paying for a copyright monitoring service.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">