• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should my Landlord replace light bulbs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xylene

I always replace the bulbs in an apartment with primo ones. I need bright light at a nice color temperature. Landlord grade CFLS are dim and the color temo would charitably be called "beige"

Tubular florescents too. There is an enormous difference between a 80 cent in institutional grade one and a 9 dollar one. I'm worth it.

Lastly, both cfl and tubular floros dim over time. Best light requires they be replaced. Waiting until burn out means putting up will cruddy light for a long time.

FarmerJ

SO send your LL a written on real paper letter sent via certificate or mailing or confirmed mail del ( those are the two lowest cost ways to give you a receipt from post office to staple to your copy of the letter ) telling the LL that you discovered when you moved in x number of light bulbs were burned out as well as any other repairs needed you discover. Then while out and about buy the exact number of dirt cheap standard power hungry bulbs that are missing and tuck them away in a closet and when you move out switch the same number of your nice power saving bulbs out with the power pig ones, ( hell buy them in a second hand store if they have any so they are cheaper ) and those are the ones you will leave behind.

Stephen1

I provide working bulbs in every fixture when the tenant takes occupancy. And I expect working bulbs in every fixture when I receive it back. How can I expect working bulbs when I don't provide them in the beginning? A time or two I've received a unit back with working bulbs and when the next tenant takes occupancy a bulb has burned out (so I had to do a replacement).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">