• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shut off wireless phone while roaming

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nodnarb1974

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AK

I am actually submitting this on behalf of my parents. They are currently under contract with GCI in Alaska for their wireless phones. They have nationwide roaming and here is where the problem starts. They moved from Alaska to Maine last month and have used their cell phones since they have roaming. All of a sudden one was shut off and can no longer be used.

After talking to GCI they were told that it was AT&T that disabled the service and that they were basically SOL and that they were still under contract so they had to continue paying without the use of the phone. Can they do this? To me it seems that they breached the contract since roaming was part of it and it has only been a month.

If you have any idea on what route they need to take it would be most helpful.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">