• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sick child and flying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well, I got another enraged e-mail from ex saying that our daughter tested positive for influenza A/B (the test can't distinguish between the two) and stating he may not be able to send her back on the 25th when spring break ends. I told him I thought it was very premature to be worrying that since 10 days is a pretty long time for recovery unless there are complications--and healthy kids recover quickly. I went over the sequence of events again--that she was fine Monday, feeling poorly on Tuesday afternoon but no fever, had a fever but felt well after advil. I also said that if a doctor says she can't travel, of course, she will have to stay until she can, but barring that, he should plan on sending her home on schedule. Is he over-reacting?
It depends.
How can you tell he is enraged in the email by the way or are you guessing based on words?
Take at as he is giving you notice that if she is still sick then he can't send her back. if she still has influenza A/B in ten days then it would not be in her best interest to fly back or go out.

texgirl

I am judging his level of rage by the number of names he has called me. I certainly don't think she should travel if a doctor says she shouldn't, but I have also seen ex (whose a bit of a hyponchondriac himself) get very worked up about small things. At one point, he took her to a doctor for "frostbite" when she had chapped hands (she hates to wear gloves!). He's also called me irresponsible because we are vegetarians.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am judging his level of rage by the number of names he has called me. I certainly don't think she should travel if a doctor says she shouldn't, but I have also seen ex (whose a bit of a hyponchondriac himself) get very worked up about small things. At one point, he took her to a doctor for "frostbite" when she had chapped hands (she hates to wear gloves!). He's also called me irresponsible because we are vegetarians.
Okay him calling yo unames in emails would tend to lend itself to anger or emotion that you can recognize. I asked only because some people say I am being bitchy when I am just being straight forward and not dancing around an issue.
Your ex is out of line for saying you are irresponsible because of being a vegetarian. However dont' worry about something 10 days away. If your daughter should not travel due to a doctor saying so, then she shouldn't travel. HOWEVER, dad should make sure that the first day she is cleared to travel then she travels.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">