• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signed up for credit line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PayrollHRGuy

I never said there was Quincy the OP said that.

My whole problem is telling them to lie to the credit card companies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You may be right but the OP said they were and I don't have anything else to go on.
No, the OP said that the company told them to tell the lenders that they are applying for credit...and that's what they're doing.

The phrase "power of attorney" pops in to my mind.

quincy

You may be right but the OP said they were and I don't have anything else to go on.
Except that is NOT what inquiry was told.

The company told inquiry to apply for credit under inquiry's name because inquiry was the one applying for the loan.

That is not a lie but the truth.

inquiry appears to have misunderstood the service he signed up for.

Last edited:

PayrollHRGuy

Quoting the OP.

As we are getting calls from credit card companies to verify that I applied for these cards and not a third party. (Xxx said for us to tell then lender there is no third party involved)

quincy

Right. There is no third party involved. It is the business that is applying for credit.

You might want to visit the company's website to see the services that they offer and how they offer these services.

PayrollHRGuy

As a POA, they could say that.
They may have a POA but they are still another third party. And the OP didn't mention a POA.

Right. There is no third party involved. It is the business that is applying for credit.

You might want to visit the company's website to see the services that they offer.
The OP's business is having credit applied for by XXXXXXX. XXXXXXX is the third party.

I did look at their site and it really doesn't say much. At least not without filling out the application.

quincy

The business model is similar to many others that help small businesses find funding. What the member is provided is financial guidance more than anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">