• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple Auto Accident.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dzis

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
PA

Earlier this week I was in an accident. I was also driving a friend's car. Everything with the insurance is taken care of. She had full tort and I just paid the 500$ deductible for it.

After letting multiple cars go by I pulled out. The car that hit me was in my blind spot. I started pulling out, heard a horn and then we hit. We were both going slow and the cop saw that neither of us were speeding or anything like that. The odd part was that I had to cross the whole first half of the road before he was able to hit me (I was crossing the street. Traffic directly in front of me was coming from my left while traffic on the furthest side of the road was coming from my right, the way he came from.) Odd that he didn't see me coming since its open road.

Back on subject. I received my fine today. It is only 109.50. Should I plead guilty right off the bat to save court costs? Should I plead not guilty? I heard of someone saying something about pleading guilty with an explanation or something (is that even an option?).

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

ecmst12

You are at fault, so there isn't a question of whether you are guilty. If the charge carries points, you might get it reduced to a no-point offense by going to court, but with a fine that small, I bet it's already a no-point offense.

MikeKV

Question: When is ANY auto accident simple?

That's like saying your windows PC will run 100% stable for life.

Dzis

Thank you

Thank you for the advice. A few people are telling me to plead not guilty. Im clearly at fault and just want to pay my fine which is low compared to what it will be if i plead not guilty. Thank you for the advice.

(and I guess you are right...sorry it took so long..had to reformat windows x.x)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">