• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple Lot Split

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazc

Greetings. Situation: Free and clear owner of a property in Maricopa County, AZ. Am in the process of splitting the parcel into two lots. AZ and MC do not review minor lot splits. MC site: https://www.maricopa.gov/1868/Combining-or-Splitting-Property-Parcels
Simple square (PLSS) 2.5 acre parcel and the new legal descriptions are done. Both resulting lots meet all zoning regulations. Will retain ownership of both lots after split. My question now is the exact type and language of the new deeds to be recorded. I haven't been able to dig up an example of lot split deeds where the owner is keeping the resulting lots, all are various deeds of conveyance involving sale of the new lot. If, for example, I used a Gift Deed, do I list myself as both Grantor and Grantee?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Greetings. Situation: Free and clear owner of a property in Maricopa County, AZ. Am in the process of splitting the parcel into two lots. AZ and MC do not review minor lot splits. MC site: https://www.maricopa.gov/1868/Combining-or-Splitting-Property-Parcels
Simple square (PLSS) 2.5 acre parcel and the new legal descriptions are done. Both resulting lots meet all zoning regulations. Will retain ownership of both lots after split. My question now is the exact type and language of the new deeds to be recorded. I haven't been able to dig up an example of lot split deeds where the owner is keeping the resulting lots, all are various deeds of conveyance involving sale of the new lot. If, for example, I used a Gift Deed, do I list myself as both Grantor and Grantee?
Your situation sounds simple (and probably is), but the advice you are asking for would require the advice of an attorney. It is beyond the scope of an internet forum.

Mazc

Your situation sounds simple (and probably is), but the advice you are asking for would require the advice of an attorney. It is beyond the scope of an internet forum.
>the advice you are asking for would require the advice of an attorney.
Maricopa County says otherwise. They say just file the split. I am just asking exactly what wording I should use. If I get no helpful advice I can assure you I will simply type it up as I see fit and file it.

Zigner

>the advice you are asking for would require the advice of an attorney.
Maricopa County says otherwise. They say just file the split. I am just asking exactly what wording I should use. If I get no helpful advice I can assure you I will simply type it up as I see fit and file it.
The WORDING is what requires an attorney. That is considered the practice of law, so it's inappropriate for users on a forum to give you such advice.

zddoodah

I am just asking exactly what wording I should use.
And that's called legal advice. It's something you can legally only get from an attorney admitted to practice law in your jurisdiction. Any person who purports to answer that question without being admitted to practice law in Arizona would be committing a crime.

If I get no helpful advice I can assure you I will simply type it up as I see fit and file it.
And you'll risk doing it wrong and may find yourself wishing you'd spent a few hundred bucks on an attorney to help you do it correctly so that you didn't have to spend tens of thousands of dollars in attorneys' fees at some point down the road. Your call.

Mazc

Thanks so much for the non-advice guys. I had assumed that a forum literally called FREEADVICE that touts giving FREE ADVICE would have people giving advice, but this seems to have been too much to expect.

Zigner

Thanks so much for the non-advice guys. I had assumed that a forum literally called FREEADVICE that touts giving FREE ADVICE would have people giving advice, but this seems to have been too much to expect.
What you are asking for would be a CRIME for us to provide. Would you really even WANT to take advice from a criminal?

Just Blue

The advice you requested goes beyond what this site can legally provide. Do you honestly expect the volunteers here to risk criminal charges because you are too cheep/lazy to consult with a local attorney?

Mazc

The SITE isn't providing anything. Random internet entities are quite free to give whatever advice they want about anything they want. Again, I had incorrectly assumed that a forum called FREEADVICE that has giant banners touting FREE LEGAL ADVICE would actually have people giving FREE ADVICE. Do you fellers just hang around FREEADVICE.com and tell people to hire a lawyer all day? Just curious as to what exactly you are here for, as it is quite clear you are not here to give advice.

Zigner

The SITE isn't providing anything. Random internet entities are quite free to give whatever advice they want about anything they want. Again, I had incorrectly assumed that a forum called FREEADVICE that has giant banners touting FREE LEGAL ADVICE would actually have people giving FREE ADVICE. Do you fellers just hang around FREEADVICE.com and tell people to hire a lawyer all day? Just curious as to what exactly you are here for, as it is quite clear you are not here to give advice.
The intent of this forum is quite clearly posted at the bottom of every page on this site. Here is an excerpt:

The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting on the Forums or the identity or qualifications of any person asking questions or responding on the Forums. Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer and our Terms and Conditions of use which prohibit advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages, or false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, or harassing messages, and subject violators to a fee for each improper posting. All postings reflect the views of the author but become the property of FreeAdvice. Information on FreeAdvice or a Forum is never a substitute for personal advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction you have retained to represent you. To locate an attorney, click here.

Mazc

>The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues.

And, you and the others who replied do not have any experience or knowledge pertaining to my simple question, yet you insist on giving non-advice.

Zigner

>The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues.

And, you and the others who replied do not have any experience or knowledge pertaining to my simple question, yet you insist on giving non-advice.
You have been told, by an attorney, that for us to provide such advice would be a crime.

LdiJ

You think that your question is simple. We know that it is not. You wouldn't believe the number of people we have seen who chose to write legal documents themselves who seriously regretted it later. If you happen to have a template, written by an attorney, you might be able to accomplish it, but without one, it is a very big risk.

Now, legalzoom or other sites that charge a modest fee to let you use a template to create a legal document might be a potential alternative for you, but the reality of things is that paying a few hundred to an attorney to create your document is the far wiser thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">