• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Beth3 said:
Okay. I'm liking the whole cloak thing. Count me in. :D

My response:

Sorry, but none of you are named "Christine", and you don't sing.

You know, I have every single version of Phantom of the Opera on video tape. From the "silent", through the Burt Lancaster version, to the actual Broadway play itself. Each has it's own variation on the same theme, with differing plot twists.

My favorites are the Robert England horror version and the Broadway play.

And, what's really neat is that I can watch the Play any time I want! (albeit, it's not in very good condition - - shaky, with some dropouts in the video - - but, what the hell, I can still say I've got it!)

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
IAAL, Beth and I both post on another site as well. Unfortunately, at least one attorney there admits he does not know employment law but repeatedly tells posters that they should sue, even when there is no legal justification for suit. Our protests go unheard since after all, we're only HR professionals and not attornies - what do we know? We could use a little help from the dark side. Would I be in violation of anything if I posted the name of the site, and if I did, would you have the time and interest to check them out?

(We'll still love you if you say no.)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And I've never mentioned what the c in cbg stands for. They are my initials, after all.

And as a matter of fact, I do sing. Not first soprano, though.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cbg said:
IAAL, Beth and I both post on another site as well. Unfortunately, at least one attorney there admits he does not know employment law but repeatedly tells posters that they should sue, even when there is no legal justification for suit. Our protests go unheard since after all, we're only HR professionals and not attornies - what do we know? We could use a little help from the dark side. Would I be in violation of anything if I posted the name of the site, and if I did, would you have the time and interest to check them out?

(We'll still love you if you say no.)

My response:

Sure, go ahead and post it. But, would anyone mind if I refer to the other attorney as a turd or idiot? What's this guy's name - - I'll give him the "what for's" in my own stylization, of course.

He doesn't go by the name of "MultiMom" does he?

"Ohhhhh, Christine!"

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cbg said:
And I've never mentioned what the c in cbg stands for. They are my initials, after all.

And as a matter of fact, I do sing. Not first soprano, though.

My response:

Sure you mentioned it. It stands for Cathy.

IAAL

Beth3

The site is counsel.net and the attorney's name is Hardy Parkerson. Believe me, you can't miss him. When he's not telling the posters with no case that "a good attorney can ALWAYS find some basis to sue," he's busy sharing his legal poems. It's pretty strange. And there sure isn't much in the way of posting etiquette rules so fee free to call him anything you want to. :D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Beth3 said:
The site is counsel.net and the attorney's name is Hardy Parkerson. Believe me, you can't miss him. When he's not telling the posters with no case that "a good attorney can ALWAYS find some basis to sue," he's busy sharing his legal poems. It's pretty strange. And there sure isn't much in the way of posting etiquette rules so fee free to call him anything you want to. :D

My response:

Okay, I'll check it out, along with good ol' "Hardy". I'll give him one of "my" poems - - -

"Roses are red

Violets are blue

You're an idiot."

How's them prose?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Do you mean like this one?

"LAWYER'S SORE THUMB

I don't know how to say it,
But I want to make it clear;
Your use of bad grammar, Son,
Is gratin' on my ears.

If you're going to be a a lawyer,
For goodness' sake, my man,
Learn to speak the language
Of this your native land!

Learn to speak correctly,
Lest you sound so dumb;
For a lawyer's bad grammar
Stands out like a sore thumb.

-h.p."

IAAL

Beth3

I know - amazing, isn't it? When he's not posting poems, he's busy telling anybody and everybody they can sue. And then there are one or two other attornies who post there who make it perfectly clear that unless you're an attorney, you have NO business disagreeing with anyone who is, no matter what.

Hardy Parkerson

Beth3 said:
I know - amazing, isn't it? When he's not posting poems, he's busy telling anybody and everybody they can sue. And then there are one or two other attornies who post there who make it perfectly clear that unless you're an attorney, you have NO business disagreeing with anyone who is, no matter what.

Dear Beth,

Hey! That's all we lawyers can do is sue, and litigate and try to verdict, or settle cases. All the rest is notary and paralegal work. What's so bad about suing! For every wrong the law lends a remedy. It is just for a good lawyer to find that remedy and to exercise it until the ends of justice are done. The civil lawsuit is the great equalizer in America. Were it not for the civil lawsuit the rich and powerful would walk over the poor with impunity. But the civil lawsuit brings justice in every situation. Show me a wrong, and I will show you a lawsuit that can be won.

Sincerely,

Hardy Parkerson, Atty.
Lake Chalres, LA

P.S.:

Whiplash

The lawyer went to court and then
Pled his case that he might win.
Throughout the trial the judge did doze,
Until he heard the plaintiff close.

"Your Honor, I now this case is boring;
But as I said when you were snoring,
Defendant failed to use due care;
Now plaintiff's damages he must repair.

"We've made our case and filed our brief;
Now we ask for just relief.
We've waited patiently for this day,
Now it's time the defendant pay.

"Plaintiff's neck did whip and lash;
And now she needs a stash of cash:
To compensate her for her pains,
Cervical and lumbar strains."

-h. parkerson

(The edit function of this web-site is great!)

Last edited:

Hardy Parkerson

Happy Tryin' Cases

I've practiced law for thirty years or more,
Defended killers, rapists and once a whore.
I've even represented pimps,
And I've been held for four contempts.
At trying cases some say I'm the best,
And with the gift of blarney I've been blest.
I'd represent the Devil for a fee,
And sometimes I even represent 'em free.
Many are the closing arguments I have made,
And sometimes I even take my fee in trade;
And 'though I've been on many ambulance chases,
I'm happiest in the courtroom tryin' cases.

-h.p.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Hey, Hardy - -

This thread is 13 months old. You're a little late. I hope you don't deal with the Statute of Limitations this way!

Give it a rest.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">