• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander/Deflamation of Character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

biopro24

My husband and I have been married a little over a year. We have an infant daughter and a 3 year old son from a previous marriage. The mother abandoned him at 11 months and we have full custody now. To make a very long story short, my husbands X has done everything under the sun that you can think of to cause my husband grief. She has even gone so far as to hurt/beat her self up and take charges out for my husband.(This happened prior to our marriage.) The case was dismissed. Now she has started to take classes(she is working on her GED) at my place of buisness.(I teach for a Community College locally,NC) She has gone and told the other instructors that I work with and the students that I teach, my husband beat her, broke her jaw, we will not let her see the child even though she has tried to pay support, and alot of other very hurtful and untrue statements. She had another child previous to the one I have,and Social Services took it because she abandoned it in a car while she was having a good time.My co-workers got me aside by myself and asked me not to have my husband come to pick me up or to visit because she is afraid of him!!!!She has called and harrassed me on numerous occassions and has been spreading rumors that my husband beats me for some time.It got back to my family members and I had to reassure them that they were not true. I am tired of her lies and terrible attitude. I could write a book of the things she has done to my husband. She had there son put in foster care for 6 months because she told the police that my husband beat their child and she was afraid for his safety, but she did not want him. I have asked for her to agree for me to legally adopt our son,(he has no memory of her and believes I am his true mother). Only people close to our family know the truth. Can I sue her for slander against myself and my husband? I have asked for a meeting between myself, her, my boss and the instructors she has defamed me in front of. I asked only for her to recant her story and say she lied, but she does not want to comply. Do I have a case? The money is not an issue, I just want her to stop torturing my family and causing us problems. My professional reputation has been ruined and I want her to know that I have had it with her charades.What can I do???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">