• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander from exemployer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Corinna

On june 5th 2K I quit the job I had with my husband as live in manager caregivers in a group home in Peoria, AZ and the same day we mouved on the premises of a new group home in Glendale, AZ where we started a new job. After 5 days, my exemployer found us and made phone calls saying profanities when I answered. Also, under different names, she made phone calls to my parents who live overseas and said that if I do not live Arizona I will be shot.Also, she contacted my aunt in Canada and said that we are thiefs and drunk, violent people and she contacted my friends in San Francisco saying the same things. What's more, she called my new boss at home and told her that she fired us because we are thiefs, alcoholics and we threatened to kill her.
On june 15th I filed a complain with the Police and on 20th I filed a injunction for prohibiting harassement against her. I would like to mention that I do not owe monney to her or anything else. The next day she served me with a restriction order based on her statements that she wanted to fire me on may 30th, but I threatened to stabb her, that I threatened to kill her for not allowing my husband to drink on the premises and that on june 6th I threatened her life one more time and also on 20th, which is the day when I served her with a restriction order. She stated that my allegations were false.
I have material support to prouve that I started looking for a job in january 2K ( I ordered flyers t market our services as homemakers from a local printing shop and I have the invoice), and I have printed the emails that were sent to me from American Red Cross and a home health agency that invited me to contacted their Human Resources Departments in person. These emails were sent to me in april 2K and at the beginning of may 2K.
I also have excellet refferences from my former patients families, dated february 2K.
Also, she stated that my husband steals her mail.I got a written statement from the manager of the post office that no record shows any complain from my exemployer's address regarding missing or stolen mail.
Also, a group home is heavily regulated by the Health Department, so if it was true that I threatened to kill her and my husband tryied to kick her while being drunk on may 30th 2K, why she did not file any complain with the Police? Why she did not remove us from the premises?
As of today, there is not complain against us filed with the Police and she filed her restriction order after i filed mine against her.
Considering all this, I would like to request for a court hearing. Can I ask the court to have her apologize to me in writing? Can I ask the court to remouve the restriction order against me? Can I ask the court for punitive damages against her?
I will certainly appreciate any answer that helps me.
Thank you,
Corinna

A

Attorney_Replogle

My best advice for you and your husband is to hire an AZ attorney to help you with all of this. You might have a case against the former employer for defamation, possibly an abuse of process, and perhaps of causes of action.

If you were successful in your suit, then the judge might award you damages, possibly including punitive damages, and he may also order the defendant to write an apology within X number of days.

You can find an attorney near you by going to attorneypages.com

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">