• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander Submitted to a Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Another thing this court did was state the expiration date for the harassment order in twelve days, but the docket I requested yesterday shows that the expiration date was scratched out with a pen, and a new date was scribbled in with a pen. No one notified me about this. The new date shows an expiration date of almost two years from now. Why didn't anyone notify me about this? Why was the original date scribbled out? Had I not contacted the court yesterday requesting the docket, I wouldn't have known about the new date of expiration.
Almost a month later, I am still bothered by this. The fact that Razzbo is upset about the expiration date of the harassment order. If you were not harassing the woman and had no plans to harass her again, you would not care. You would go about your life and never talk to her or about her ever again.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Almost a month later, I am still bothered by this. The fact that Razzbo is upset about the expiration date of the harassment order. If you were not harassing the woman and had no plans to harass her again, you would not care. You would go about your life and never talk to her or about her ever again.
The order may contain a restriction on firearms possession and there may be other repercussions. It may be wise to attempt to have such an order removed, if possible.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Especially living several thousand miles away.

The order may contain a restriction on firearms possession and there may be other repercussions. It may be wise to attempt to have such an order removed, if possible.

Though you may be correct in theory, I suspect the OP would have said exactly how he is being wronged by the restraining order, such if he had a gun permit and was given a restriction. In fact, it is likely he would have commented on your post saying how he is being wronged.

Last edited:

quincy

Here is a link to information on California harassment orders (because I see that this information was not provided earlier):

https://www.courts.ca.gov/1044.htm?rdeLocaleAttr=en

And here is a link to service of papers:

https://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-serving.htm

Because Razzbo lives on the other side of the country, it could be easiest for Razzbo to just carefully obey all terms of the order and then seek an expungement in California once the order expires in two years. Violating any terms of the order before it expires could lead to a misdemeanor or a felony charge (depending on the violation) and an extension of the order so Razzbo should definitely avoid doing whatever s/he was doing previously that led to the (unwanted) contact with the woman.

Razzbo

Hello, my lawyer and I were successful in terminating the harassment order. The woman in question issued another lie, after having sworn in to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. It is truly astonishing. I counted about ten material lies altogether. The judge recognized the superficiality of her case, and asked for specifics (like my lawyer gave); and he said something to the effect that these kind of cases need better evidence. He terminated it within moments.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello, my lawyer and I were successful in terminating the harassment order. The woman in question issued another lie, after having sworn in to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. It is truly astonishing. I counted about eleven material lies in altogether.
I'm glad it worked out for you, but I have to say that I don't believe that it's "astonishing" in the least that a person would lie.

quincy

Hello, my lawyer and I were successful in terminating the harassment order. The woman in question issued another lie, after having sworn in to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. It is truly astonishing. I counted about ten material lies altogether. The judge recognized the superficiality of her case, and asked for specifics (like my lawyer gave); and he said something to the effect that these kind of cases need better evidence. He terminated it within moments.
Thank you for the update, Razzbo. I am glad that everything worked out the way you hoped it would.

Even though there is no longer an order in place, I strongly recommend that you behave as if it were by continuing to avoid all contact with the woman.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">