• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slendering defamation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ellabutterfly

Not sure how this works... I have an issue was cyberstalking harassment and name slanderingsomebody build a website about me posting my personal text messages and lying about me making up storiesI'm trying to take the website down.Over a hundred people already been on it.The person used a template website wix.I wrote them and ask them to take it down because it goes against rules laws.They wrote me back and said they don't see any issue with the website and didn't take it down.Then this person started posting stop on their personal Facebook page with the link to that website

Just Blue

Not sure how this works... I have an issue was cyberstalking harassment and name slanderingsomebody build a website about me posting my personal text messages and lying about me making up storiesI'm trying to take the website down.Over a hundred people already been on it.The person used a template website wix.I wrote them and ask them to take it down because it goes against rules laws.They wrote me back and said they don't see any issue with the website and didn't take it down.Then this person started posting stop on their personal Facebook page with the link to that website
What state are you in? Do you know this person? Why do you think they are doing this?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Further to the questions asked by Just Blue...do you actually have a question?

FlyingRon

Posting your own statements is not defamation. Wix only is likely to be concerned with copyright issues. Other than that, you'll have to deal with the person who created the site.

If they're doing something slendering, enjoy the weight loss.

adjusterjack

"Slendering defamation"

Wow, if I'd a known that defamation had a slendering effect, I'd line people up to defame me on a regular basis.

quincy

Defamation laws vary by state, sometimes in substantial ways, but the following link published by the Digital Media Law Project (2014) provides general information on defamation:
http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/defamation

Libel is the written form of defamation and slander is its oral (spoken) equivalent.

Defamatory statements are those that are false statements communicated to another or others about a person that injures the person’s reputation.

What exactly was said about you?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
He is referring to the fact that you spelled Slandering wrong. Slendering, if it were a word, which it is not, would mean to make thinner.

But we all knew what you meant, so it's really no matter.

quincy

? I don't know if this makes sense
You spelled “slander” wrong in your thread’s title. Slander is the spoken form of defamation. There is no such thing as “slendering defamation.”

Here is a link to Information on Oregon-specific defamation laws:
http://www.open-oregon.com/media-guide/chapter-12-defamation/

Here is a link to Oregon’s harassment statute:
https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.065

Nothing you have said yet is clearly defamation or harassment.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">