• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims court disclosure hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cher1

What is the name of your state? maine Ihave a question about small claims court. Will a hearing automatically be dismissed if a defendent is found unable to pay. Will this happen at the mediation before the hearing? If you have exempt income, public asisstance, will the hearing be terminated? One other question- if you receive a letter two days before the hearing asking you to call the lawyer handling the case do they want to try to negoitiate with you? All the letter said was please ccall me . I must speak with you. This is a financial corporation bringing the lawsuit . Thank-you.

hearfocus

If you have all ungarnishable income, then you should have filed a response and included that info in it, but NO, it will not be automatically dismissed.

The lawyer probably wants you to settle. And for more than you want to or can.

Think about posting this over at www.creditinfocenter.com
discussion forum, legal area. They will help. Thanks to them, when a credit card sued my husband in small claims court, I fought them and won on a technicality.

Shay-Pari'e

cher1 said:
What is the name of your state? maine Ihave a question about small claims court. Will a hearing automatically be dismissed if a defendent is found unable to pay. No, you will still get a judgement.

Will this happen at the mediation before the hearing? If you have exempt income, public asisstance, will the hearing be terminated? No, if you are found to owe the debt, there will still be a judgement.

One other question- if you receive a letter two days before the hearing asking you to call the lawyer handling the case do they want to try to negoitiate with you?Don't know, you need to call.

Forget the other poster who responded to you, she is an idiot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">