• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

indian216

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I have two social security cards one individual. Not likely, but when my identity was stolen and my passport went with it too. I reported to the immigration, it took time though I was unsure of what to do. I renewed everything including my S.S#. Problem is I never found much use for the second S.S# so I just let it stay their, until I started using for credit. Then I discussed it with my accountant and he said, no you only use your original so he did some paper work to make everything legally correct. He also said it wasnt normal for people to have two #'s... Well how do I close second number. I never used it except for credit. when it came to work it was always my original number. So I checked my credit report and I have too check one number then the other but they both show same history no matter which one I use # for credit. Anyways it is to confusing for me and I want to close and just have one like everybody else. How can I do this if I had both #'s now for about 15 years.

indian216

Yes

IT seems reasonable to do that but the thing is I took the immigrations officer word on it without any trail of paper work from her that was 15 years ago..Im just afraid that in calling I might stir up something and have not prepared myself for what may or may not happen..Like they blame it on me or I dont know. However I do see your view point and can undestand to make that call. Let me ask you something.. Is the Credit Bureau's and Social Security Office affiliated together.. What I mean is when making a call to rectify changes will I have to make one call only to SSI or one to SSI and one to Credit Bureau's.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">