• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

social security #

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OK so that changes my train of thought because I thought maybe he lived further away. But since he is court ordered to provide insurance then he is obligated to give you a card. Since you are going to court or mediation soon, bring this issue up. It's really pointless of them to cover her then not provide you with a card.

styl4u64

I think you're right, I HAVE to bring it up in mediation and with him it would be better in mediation without his fiance feeding and 'wording' him, at least then if all becomes conclusive, I will have a judges signature and will actually be able to have a commitment or 'contempt' in place. You just don't know how bad I hate conflict but it seems I have no choice. You guys are Great! As Usual!

LdiJ

styl4u64 said:
I have always filed taxes claiming child, c/support was established recently,got cheated on
that (he works part-time) and is going to school so I will wait until next 3 yrs. for economics to raise it naturally, battles like that don't seem worth it! The custody is coming now, mediation first, I hope we can resolve peacefully but his new fiance (2nd one in 15 months :rolleyes: is very aggressive) and 'in control. With child support, health insurance was ordered paid by ex and his now fiance added child to her co. policy and I too, questioned how so w/out marriage and he said there is some commitment clause thru her company she would be able to add child. Newguy, or others, do you think I'm unreasonable to request the card? I don't see how because I need it for actual use. In various emails fiance has written that she provides,She chooses! I'm trying to keep costs minimal for attorney fees but i think I'll need to get this resolved! :(
Unless you are provided a card its almost as if the order hasn't been obeyed. So yes...you very much COULD push that issue...and should.

styl4u64

It seems so simple yet it goes on and on! Do you think the mediator can 'slip' this in? I only hope so! It seems it should be a NON issue, you know normal, NCP ordered to provide health care and he does? Card and all :confused:

The mediator doesn't have to slip it in,the mediator can slap him upside the head with it :D

The more I read replies on this thread the more it seems so petty. I mean what kind of personal information can you get from her card? Her name? You probably already have that. Her group number? Well you need that. Then there is the address and phone number for claims and the name of the insurance company. Ours doesn't have an SS# on it but if hers does there is nothing you could legally do with that info although I suppose I can understand the hesitation on that part of it. But to me this all seems like a control issue on the SM's part and she's just going to have to get over it or let your ex carry the insurance. He could potentially be held in contempt for not giving you an insurance card. You can't use it if you don't have it and like LdiJ said, it's more or less like you don't have insurance.

LdiJ

Smarty Panties said:
The mediator doesn't have to slip it in,the mediator can slap him upside the head with it :D

The more I read replies on this thread the more it seems so petty. I mean what kind of personal information can you get from her card? Her name? You probably already have that. Her group number? Well you need that. Then there is the address and phone number for claims and the name of the insurance company. Ours doesn't have an SS# on it but if hers does there is nothing you could legally do with that info although I suppose I can understand the hesitation on that part of it. But to me this all seems like a control issue on the SM's part and she's just going to have to get over it or let your ex carry the insurance. He could potentially be held in contempt for not giving you an insurance card. You can't use it if you don't have it.
Insurance cards often do carry quite a bit of personal information on the primary policy holder. I can understand why primary policy holders might not want an "ex" to have that information if the primary policy holder is a stepparent or a fiance. Nevertheless the stepparent or fiance has the option of NOT providing the children's insurance in that case...and leaving that responsibility up the to the parent. So put up or shut up is my opinion.

styl4u64

Yes, I agree with you guys, it was HE that was ordered not his "fiance' he's known and engage to now for 9 months????

panzertanker

styl4u64 said:
Yes, I agree with you guys, it was HE that was ordered not his "fiance' he's known and engage to now for 9 months????
Do not lose sight of the mention made to NOT provide the SSN until after you have:
1. filed your own taxes
2. april 15th

Can she make it a demand that "I give you SSN and you give me card"??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">