• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SOL for NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kimjerpixie

I think someone else on the board referred to Collection Agencies as screaming harpies - so true!

I called the Original Creditor in order to see if they had any information they could send me such as last payment, chargeoff date, last statement, etc. They were very nice but couldn't give me any of the information I was looking for because they had sold off the account to Academy Services. The OC then tried to 3-way me with the CA to see if we could work out a payment plan. The CA screamed that they would not talk to me with a third party on the line. The OC tried to get them to cooperate, but the lady screamed at me and hung up the phone. The OC was flabbergasted, but still said they couldn't help me.

Now the CA is lowering their offer for settlement to what the original balance was - but it has to be paid in full and in their office by the end of tomorrow - and could they have my account number please.

I have the ability to make payments on the balance, but not pay in full at this time. There seems to be no middle ground. I hate them.

Ladynred

Typical CA tactic.. 'pay by 5pm tonight or else' .. yeah, yeah, whatever, whatever.. heard it all before. Its just a pressure tactic.

Get your credit reports and find out what the last activity date really is and then go forward. If the SOL is due to expire in 2 months, you can probably stall them long enough with debt validation letters.

Just stop talking on the phone with them, its a total waste of time and energy.

K

kimjerpixie

I'm planning to write a letter tonight. They called me at work for the first time today. I had told them in the past I was not going to give them my work number because I could not take their calls at work. That was yesterday. Today, they called me TWICE at work. First time they got my voicemail and made a joke about how hard I was to track down. The second time they called, I picked up the phone and told them they were not allowed to call me at work and just hung up. Geesh!

Any ideas for a good letter?

Ladynred

If you're going to request validation, then you can find good samples at www.creditinfocenter.com

In it you can add a modified Cease and Desist telling them they are NOT to call you at work as your employer forbids personal calls and that they are only to contact you by mail.

There are C&D letters on that same site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">