• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sol limitation ?? for jetx thank you so mucyh

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elvis99

What is the name of your state?az, all the debt i have is from colorado and all of it is over 3 years old and longer with no account activity or making payments. now that i live in colorado i cant get the correct answer about
the statute of limitation for colorado and or arizona when it comest to credit
card debt. i thought credit card debt was a written contract. so everyone was saying colorado is 3 years and arizona is 6. if i am pass the statute of
limitation should i not file bankruptcy and use the statute of limitation as
my defense. is it all up to how the judge wants to interpert the law.
also is line of credit from a credit union considered a written contract. that
is my biggest debt which was in colorado. this debt is about 4-5 years old.
thank you so much for your time !!!!

mymymy

The SOL is generally determined by what state you lived in for the DOLA (date of last activity). Example: You lived in Colorado when you made your last payment to the creditor- then Colorado's SOL applies.

HOWEVER, some CC Co's include in the fine print that the debt is governed by the laws of the issuing state.. SO- you'll need to find out if your original CC contract had that clause.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">