• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold Accounts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acemagoo61

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I have some accounts that have apparently passed through several creditors’ hands, while I am doing my best to list every single one, what happens if you miss one creditor where multiple creditors have handled the same account? What if a creditor sells an account while I am filling out the paperwork and submitting it and I don’t know about it?

My debt looks like it is twice as much as it is, between them and the fact that when you default they add charges that add another 50% or more to the account makes it look like I did this on purpose. How is the trustee going to react?

All original creditors will be listed as I know who they are, some of the collection agencies play with them so much you don’t where they come from, you can only guess, these guys make it so that you can’t even contact them to find out where they are coming from.

Ladynred

As long as you list the original creditor and the most recent collection agency, you'll be covered. You can't do anything about it if an account gets resold while you're in the middle of this, and it doesn't really matter - its the SAME debt over and over.

The Trustee isn't going to care.. you'll be in there less than 10 minutes unless something goes haywire. There's nothing unusual about your case.

If you need to find out an address on a collection agency, there are plenty of ways to get it ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">