• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold item wanting to be returned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tandesma

I was given a couch and told where it was purchased. I recently resold it as it wasn't comfortable for me. The guy who bought it from me broke a leg moving it. I told him where it came from and he called to see if he could buy 1 for it. The store told him the couch wasn't from their store so now he wants me to take it back. I do not have the money anymore for 1 thing but we did not write a bill of sale or anything. He is threatening to take legal action against me. What can I do?

quincy

I see from the other (now reported) thread you started that you are located in Alberta, Canada. FreeAdvice is a U.S. law site. You will want to seek assistance in Alberta. Sorry.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The OP is in Canada (per his other thread). This forum is for US law matters only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">