• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Solicitation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katmo7

People have been nothing but unhelpful I have only gotten one straight answer from a Patty and cbg on another thread and that's all. Yes, I'm on this thread asking for so called "basic advice" even though none of you HR professionals seem to be able to give a direct answer, and Yes, I'm you're on another thread not bragging mind you just stating that I am in fact a Harvard undergrad seeking a law degree. What's the matter..you never heard of a Harvard undergrad asking so called "basic questions"...which no one seems to be able to answer directly mind you..

The fact is that I clearly won't get the answers I'm looking for because it seems like people really don't know or have the correct answers and lack the knowledge I was hoping to get from people with "years" of experience in the HR field...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Can anyone address whether an employee needs to inform you that you were "terminated" to in fact be terminated?********************************************************

No. An employer does not need to inform you that you are terminated in order for you to be terminated. I agree with you that it is strange for that to be true, but it IS true.

In a very small handful of states, upon the employee's WRITTEN REQUEST, the employer is required to provide what is called a "service letter" and which provides, among other things, the reason for termination. MA is NOT one of those states.

katmo7

Well, I'd probably reply to that: "Why don't you call them and ask?
For the second or maybe third time, it's not me we are talking about, it's an actual real case study that I'm working on and apparently this person did ask them if they were being terminated and has not received a response yet....weird.....

eerelations

What, this is a case study? You mean like homework??? Everyone, just stop doing this person's homework for her NOW!!!

katmo7, you know we don't do other people's homework...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
People have been nothing but unhelpful I have only gotten one straight answer from a Patty and cbg on another thread and that's all. Yes, I'm on this thread asking for so called "basic advice" even though none of you HR professionals seem to be able to give a direct answer, and Yes, I'm you're on another thread not bragging mind you just stating that I am in fact a Harvard undergrad seeking a law degree. What's the matter..you never heard of a Harvard undergrad asking so called "basic questions"...which no one seems to be able to answer directly mind you..

The fact is that I clearly won't get the answers I'm looking for because it seems like people really don't know or have the correct answers and lack the knowledge I was hoping to get from people with "years" of experience in the HR field...
Now we KNOW you are a liar, as you state in your other thread that you are a Harvard graduate!

katmo7

Boy you're another dumb one! Yes I am a Harvard graduate. That's were I got my undergraduate degree like I said. GET IT? OH MY!!!!!

Zigner

Boy you're another dumb one! Yes I am a Harvard graduate. That's were I got my undergraduate degree like I said. GET IT? OH MY!!!!!
If you were a Harvard graduate, you would have said so - but you CLEARLY stated that you are an undergrad (in this thread). As you are a proven liar, I choose to disbelieve anything you say.

katmo7

I said I was a undergraduate of Harvard because that's where I got my undergrad degree making me a Harvard graduate. I'm not still an undergrad at Harvard. I graduated as I said in another thread too. The fact that you don't comprehend what I exactly posted is is funny. Don't believe me if you don't want to. What's it to me..NOTHING, but if you want to post your email I'll be more than happy to prove you wrong and send you a copy of my Harvard diploma...

Zigner

I said I was a undergraduate of Harvard because that's where I got my undergrad degree making me a Harvard graduate. I'm not still an undergrad at Harvard. I graduated as I said in another thread too. The fact that you don't comprehend what I exactly posted is is funny. Don't believe me if you don't want to. What's it to me..NOTHING, but if you want to post your email I'll be more than happy to prove you wrong and send you a copy of my Harvard diploma...
Posting my email would be almost as stupid as posting a work phone number (even if it were bogus) ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">