• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

someone elses knoledge on this matter that can help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E.Bryant

What is the name of your state?San Bernadino California . I was wondering if anyone can help me on some advice regaurding this issue..
my brother came home after spending 3 months in jail for drug charges.
3 days after returning here comes the San Bernadino county sherriffs department accompanied by 2 other cops dressed in black to do a checkup on him. 2 of them were up in my window looking inside telling me my wife and a buddy of mine to open up the door.i figured ok ill let them talk to my brother so when i went down the hall to get him i noticed the other 2 sherriffs already making their way in through the back (stumbling all over themselves rushing in as if they were gonna catch us doing something) at the same time before i even reach the front door knob the female officer was allready opening the front door.as this is happening the guys that entered from the backyard tell me whos that on the couch ? ( was my dad asleep after coming home from work.) not 2 seconds after responding to their question they told me to let them pat me down for weapons ,wich i understand they had the right to.at wich time they finaly woke my brother up who was in his room with his girlfriend.
they went down the hall to round up my wife and my friend from the room where we were at and made all of us sit down , i figured ok all is cool they might do a search on my brother and thats it.during all this i had told one of them i was on probation so they would know that i understood what was going on.on probation to L.A. county .they then proceeded to ask us wich rooms belonged to who and my wife told " them wait a minute i have rights not to be searched i never been arrested for anything" .
at wich time the lead sherriff guy grabbed her by her arm and forced her to go outside into the patio where he told her " he was going to arrest her for interupting an investigation". he then asked her rudely "when was the last time she used meth?" because she was shaking....wich is another story in itself , because of her surviving the West Nile virus this past summer .the sherriff told her that "thats bull**** stop ****ing lying".(west nile virus causes encephalitis wich is swelling of the brain).they then proceeded to give her a sobriety test and handcuffed her...at the same time the others had began searching our room going through everything.i mean i thought they were hear for my brother?i told the guy wearing all black isnt youre search restricted to my brothers area that he is in control of ? (he explained to me where ever he has access to anything unlocked).at wich time they produced an glass incense burner "opium pipe". that belonged to my friend who he admited to .at this time i was asking the guy in black well my room was locked until you guys rushed up to our window telling us to open up.at that very moment 1 of the sherriffs interupted me saying "thats it youre under the influence too get up let me see youre eyes". i mean before i even stood up off the couch he told me i was under the influence..?
then gave me a sobriety check and walked me outside once we went outside he then shook me back and forth telling me in my ear trying to be quiet " i almost hit you ontop of youre head right now in front of those people because of youre ****in mouth". he then told me "now youre going to jail because you cant keep youre ****in mouth shut". after hearing that i said "sorry man i thought you guys were hear for my brother".apologizing didnt help he put me into the car and shut my knee in the door causing me some pain.wich i wasnt worried about at the time.so they had me and my wife in 2 cars,my friend asked if he could go outside to his car to give me some money for phonecall 1 of them allowed him to but before he got to his car the guy that arrested me gave him a sobriety check and he ended up in there with me.lol i mean c'mon is this WWII **** tactics or what?
at any rate they took us in gave us blood test wich we didnt pass but was it legal for them to do that to my wife and friend? i already understand i prolly dont have any rights being on probation and all but do i have any chance of it getting thrown out?my wife had stated she didnt want to be blood tested and the cop said she didnt have a choice "you have to". exact words. we were told they were gonna site release us so in the face of that we agreed .but wouldnt you know it we spent 12 hours up in west valley without any shoes me and my wife.they ended up keeping her until 12 noon the next day.upon my release they informed us not to be outside after 30 minutes or we will be arrested .so hear i am me and my friend have to walk approximately 1 and a half miles to ontario mills mall,and me getting cuts on the bottom of my feet from walking on the asphalt. and i had asked them for shoes before we left my house they denied my request.

E.Bryant

my question is

San Bernadino California.
when they come to check up on my brother do they have the right to search my wifes personal effects like her underwear drawers and such?and then arrest us in our own house for our "mouths". as they put it .My wife me and my friend all arrested. For under the influence of meth .

CdwJava

E.Bryant said:
San Bernadino California.
when they come to check up on my brother do they have the right to search my wifes personal effects like her underwear drawers and such?and then arrest us in our own house for our "mouths". as they put it .My wife me and my friend all arrested. For under the influence of meth .
Anywhere that the probationers in the house had access to was fair game. You say that your friend was on probation and were you ... that sort of opens up the whole place, doesn't it? Unless her underwear was in a room that only SHE had access to (I have yet to ever see that, but I suppose it's posible), then they can search it.

And it doesn't sound like arrests were made for "mouths", it sounds as if your mouths got you in trouble by attracting the officers' attention to some possible meth use. After all, you did say, "at any rate they took us in gave us blood test wich we didnt pass". That seems to indicate that you and they WERE high.

Oh, and they do NOT need permission to force blood.

When you dance with criminals, you risk getting caught up in the ball.

- Carl

E.Bryant

Carl that was the thing i was contesting.

my Brother didnt have access to our room ,wich was until they came up to our window had been locked.we exited the room to get my brother when only then was our room unlocked.
it just felt like they were concentrating just on us.

stephenk

you and your brother both on drug probation. dad must be so proud.

since you and your wife share the same bedroom, the police have the right to search her undie drawer for your drugs. Or should I say her drugs since she had a dirty test too.

CdwJava

E.Bryant said:
my Brother didnt have access to our room ,wich was until they came up to our window had been locked.we exited the room to get my brother when only then was our room unlocked.
it just felt like they were concentrating just on us.
If you were also on probation with search stipulations, then they could lawfully change focus to you without any problems.

- Carl

usbs

lets go old school

a classic line you do the crime you pay the time
any way you all tested dirty so in basic words
YOU ARE SCREWED

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">