• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Soon to be ex playing games for Alimony?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tyandi

What is the name of your state? NC

I am two months away from the divorce final. We have been married 15 years, she filed a law suit to get Post Separation support, but put in a continueance.

She had a job making $7.00 an hour p/t 8 months ago but quit. She has been unemployed for 6 months now and was asking $1500 a month from me, and recently I heard she got another job making $5.15 per hour p/t. This is the only thing I can think of, that her attorney told her she would not be awarded PSS because she has not had a job and had been getting $11,000 from her parents + other under the table gifts. Her parents are millionaires.

My question is when determining alimony (it will be awarded because of my infidelity),
Will the judge take into consideration that she should have not quit her job 6 months ago because it paid more, her parents are and have always given her $$ and gifts, and now she finally goes out and gets a job after 6 months off, at minimun wage!!!
I just think it's obvious she was forced to get a job. Will the judge see her game? Why can't she work full time??? She could have quit her higher paying job 8 months ago from stress of the marriage?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">