• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speed trap question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amo1977

Now you're just ranting like a 10 year old who got caught with his hands in the cookie jar.
You are correct. This is the section where you discuss speeding and other moving violations. I thought that is what this section was for, to complain about getting tickets, or are we supposed to exchange chocolate chip cookie recipes
You missed the part about that being in California. California law is wholly inapplicable in your situation. Taxing Matters was just using that as an example.

In other words, this is a moral crusade for you. Well, around these parts, we call it pissing into the wind.

You were speeding and got caught. You admit here that you were speeding. Pay the fine and move along.
ETA: If paying the fine would end up increasing your insurance costs, then it might be worth exploring some sort of traffic school option, if available.
Im well aware that he was talking about California. The reason I was asking here was to see if there was anything in Nebraska. Thats what their hoping for is people will just pay the ticket. Would you let them enter your home with a search warrant from a bribed judge? Not a great example, but you get my point.

In a previous agreement between the Sante Sioux Reservation and Knox County, the Sante Sioux Reservation shares with Knox County both traffic enforcement and the County jail, so jurisdiction would not be an issue.
This is the kind of information I was looking for. We live in a rural community, so the sheriffs report is read on the local radio. The sheriffs office also posts their activity on their facebook account. They always reference it as "Knox County Sheriff's office, Santee Division". The ticket clearly says Santee Police Department. As stated above, I assumed he was in his jurisdiction, but the way it was worded I found it rather interesting.

I still say its hypocrisy saying its a safety issue because of the area where someone might be dumb enough to stop right away because they are scared of law enforcement. Without drawing a diagram or pictures, its hard to explain. Thanks for the information Quincy.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You are correct. This is the section where you discuss speeding and other moving violations. I thought that is what this section was for, to complain about getting tickets, or are we supposed to exchange chocolate chip cookie recipes
But not one for pointers on how to "weasel" out of such violations. ;)

amo1977

So just for kicks and giggles I pled not guilty. They set a trial date. I'm not going to trial. I got an app on my phone that takes pictures with GPS coordinates, date, time, direction the camera was facing. When I showed up for my appearance date (I'm guessing that's what you call it) I showed the pictures with their location on Google maps to the deputy county attorney. She made copies of my copies and gave me mine back of course. So do they send me their evidence or do I have to ask for it? I'll pay the ticket just before trial date. It's a speed trap that'd make Boss Hog and Rosco proud. So I'm going to make sure they earn their court costs.

Some time I'll post a cookie recipe.

amo1977

Well someone has to keep them accountable. Otherwise they'll just do whatever they want if everyone just accepts it and pays.

amo1977

Absolutely, we each keep each other in check and balance. They patrol and keep traffic laws in check. In my example even though without seeing what evidence they have I'm keeping them honest by making them follow the rules. Otherwise they could do whatever they wanted if everyone just pled no contest and paid.

amo1977

Absolutely, we each keep each other in check and balance. They patrol and keep traffic laws in check. In my example even though without seeing what evidence they have I'm keeping them honest by making them follow the rules. Otherwise they could do whatever they wanted if everyone just pled no contest and paid.
I'm not going to delete my previous post, but lots of people have been cited in this location. The deputy county attorney even said that. Yes, I'll most likely pled no contest or whatever. At least I'm making them have to work and think about what they're doing where others just pay it and move on. I'd possibly go to court, depending on what evidence they have. The court date is in a time of year when I'm getting really busy. At least I'm making them think about someone double checking on them instead of just saying screw it. Besides it's still a safety hazard to pull people over in that area and they're calling it a safety issue instead of a speed trap.

quincy

I'm not going to delete my previous post, but lots of people have been cited in this location. The deputy county attorney even said that. Yes, I'll most likely pled no contest or whatever. At least I'm making them have to work and think about what they're doing where others just pay it and move on. I'd possibly go to court, depending on what evidence they have. The court date is in a time of year when I'm getting really busy. At least I'm making them think about someone double checking on them instead of just saying screw it. Besides it's still a safety hazard to pull people over in that area and they're calling it a safety issue instead of a speed trap.
Law enforcement officers typically understand that vehicles may drive a bit farther before pulling over, to find a safe or safer location. The driver should put emergency lights or turn signal light on, though, and slow their speed, to indicate to the following officer that the driver is not fleeing and intends to pull over.

Good luck with your plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">