• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speedy trial 2945.71 does it apply?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arazi

That's because your "joke" was not very funny.

Linda, with her Wright State education in tow, chimes into the board with the lowest common denominator in comedy....yo' mama jokes. Sure, these jokes have a timeless appeal in the Dayton ghetto from where Linda maturated; however, I think the people that participate in this forum stopped laughing at those jokes with the passing of Richard Pryor.

Senior Judge nominated a previous post of mine as the "funniest ever" because he appreciated its clever juxtaposition. After all, why would someone who claims to be highly intelligent (challenging someone to a vocabulary test) then immediatley turn around and think that "drinking someone under the table" is some sort of badge of honor (and doing so while seeking meaningful advice on drunk driving charges). Now, that is funny stuff.

In any event, another day has passed and still no word on my trial. I'm sure that some of you lawyers out there have had occasion where the court misplaced a file. Does anyone, anyone, know how long I should wait before filing a motion to dismiss.

Thanks

LindaP777

LOL!!! I never "maturated" in Dayton, nor did I grow up there!
And those weren't "yo' mama" jokes. That was a "poor vocabulary", don't-know-the-difference jokes.
Good luck with that DUI! And taking the bus to work! (I'm sure it impresses the heck out of your colleagues!)

moburkes

Apparently, you used the spell-check button between the time you wrote this message:
I'll take you on one-to-one in a volcabulary test anywhere, anyplace, anytime.
and the time you wrote this:
challenging someone to a vocabulary test

The problem was that you challenged me to a VOLCABULARY test. What does VOLCABULARY mean?

seniorjudge

In any event, another day has passed and still no word on my trial. I'm sure that some of you lawyers out there have had occasion where the court misplaced a file. Does anyone, anyone, know how long I should wait before filing a motion to dismiss.

While I am certainly not a big fan of drunk drivers, the greater good here requires that the judge do his duty.

Wait a year. If nothing has happened, file a motion to dismiss. Anything earlier might backfire on you.

arazi

Im not as dumb as you think I is....

Moburkes... you got me there...I never said I would win a spelling contest.

Anyway, thank you SeniorJudge for being the voice of reason on this thread...I will do as instructed.
I was barely drunk anyway...blew a .10x on the portable test and got nabbed for "shortcutting" of all things. It's those damn drunk drivers that can't control their alcohol and run over people and property that ruin it for the rest of us.

I will retire from posting at this point.

Thank you one again to those that had quality contributions.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

I was barely drunk the night I was arrested for my last offense DUI too.

(Sounds like a line from Shawshank Redemption)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">