• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State Tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? NJ
Started working for a company in MD and live in NJ. Payroll takes out MD state tax. Do I need to pay NJ state tax at end of year? Or does the Company where I work should with hold NJ state tax also?


Senior Member
MD will probably tax you for income earned in MD, & NJ will hopefully give you a credit for taxes paid to NJ. Check with a NJ tax preparer.


You will have to file a maryland non-resident tax return. Then on your NJ return, you will fill out sch A, that will give you the credit for paying the taxes to MD.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential