• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Yes, agreed. Thank you for all your responses Quincy.
You're welcome, Kurt. I appreciate the thanks.

My opinion, by the way, is that Restaurant A has a weak case and could have a difficult time showing a binding contract existed. I don't think a court will award them damages, should they decide to sue. But I have been wrong before.

Good luck.

Last edited:

quincy

I respect the hardwork they put in to earn that amount of money but looking at statistics, that amount can be easy recovered by a local restaurant within a week plus make about 50% profit on top.

Statistics I referred to
https://www.womply.com/state-of-local-restaurants-2019/
Although I appreciate the statistics, there are several problems with what these statistics show. One problem is that what is given are "averages." Another problem is that they do not address your issue (they do not measure the time within which perishable goods must be consumed).

LdiJ

I respect the hardwork they put in to earn that amount of money but looking at statistics, that amount can be easy recovered by a local restaurant within a week plus make about 50% profit on top.

Statistics I referred to
Kurt, you have obviously never owned or managed a restaurant. Restaurant margins are quite tight, and something like that can really foul them up seriously. You are absolutely nuts if you think that any restaurant can make up a loss like that plus make a 50% profit in just a week. No restaurant ever makes a 50% profit. Heck I don't know of any business, of any kind, that make a 50% profit.

PayrollHRGuy

Statistics I referred to

Time to jump into some business classes. The 'Revenue' that site refers to is before any costs are applied. In other words, it is what customers paid and does not include, rent, wages, utilities, the cost of food or anything else the restaurant has to pay to put the food on the table.

Kurt B.

Thanks to everyone who replied on the thread. I never heard back from the restaurant owner. Rumors are that he spoke to his lawyer and since there was no kind of acceptance provided to for his quote, forming a case doesn't really make sense. Yet I'm not sure, but yes never heard from the restaurant owner, neither from any kind of judicial system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">