• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations on child abuse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Leagle

A child was abused 10 years ago. She was about 3 years old. This was reported to a local childrens service board.A police report was not filed, to my knowledge. Now, 10 years later the girl who is now a teen, is showing sexual offending behavior-serious. If the legal custodian wanted to pres charges on the individual who did this, my question is What is the statute of limitations on prosecuting this person? The local C.S.B. has the perpetrator's name in a report. Can you give me some legal advice. It may be important for you to know that this child has already been charged with rape as subsequent behavior resulting from her own sexual abuse as a child.I will be looking forward to your response and any information or legal laws that may pertain to this kind of inquiry would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">