• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape.... What do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.-- (1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose."
Go to the local police department and file a complaint.

la_brown09

At any time you could have gotten up and walked out, if you were truly as set on not having "bareback sex". Why didnt you?
And, if you were not old enough,mature enough, or in reasonable mental state to choose your partners wisely, why were you having sex?

If you are under such turmoil about this, why havent you acted sooner?
My first thought would have been to do something immediately, not wait 4 years.

This isnt a matter of my personal opinion. Anyone, including law enforcement, would ask you these questions..they are very basic.

JitterBob

YOU chose to NOT use a condom when you allowed him to penetrate you without one. YOU could have said NO!
SO could he, isnt it just as much HIS CHOICE? HE CHOSE not to use a condum when he was hiv poz and I wasn't. HE CHOSE to infect me. HE CHOSE not to take responsibility to not infect anyone else.

You want to know the details? He would tease with his penis saying "I won't put it in, I swear, I wouldn't do that" Then suddenly IN it goes. You people don't know what that is like.

Sure, I pushed him back out at first and even got mad at him, but he said he loved me. He kept slipping it in anyway, it's not so easy to "just say no" in that situation, when your 16, going through a crisis, and being manipulated by a sociopath.

IT IS his fault and what he did WAS malicious. He DOES deserve to be imprisoned.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The bottom line here is that you may have waited too long to take legal action. Consult local counsel.

None of your protestations will change that answer.

RRevak

SO could he, isnt it just as much HIS CHOICE? HE CHOSE not to use a condum when he was hiv poz and I wasn't. HE CHOSE to infect me. HE CHOSE not to take responsibility to not infect anyone else.

You want to know the details? He would tease with his penis saying "I won't put it in, I swear, I wouldn't do that" Then suddenly IN it goes. You people don't know what that is like.
And YOU CHOSE to not get up and WALK AWAY. And no, I have no desire to hear any of these details. I hear them enough volunteering at my local clinic. Its the same story, blah blah blah he made me do it...blah blah blah I didnt have a choice...blah blah blah. Yes he was a scum bag for not wanting to use protection which knowing he was HIV positive but little girl, YOU and YES even at 16 YOU had JUST AS MUCH choice in NOT letting it happen. But fine, go to your local police dept and file a complaint if it makes you feel better but again let me ask, how exactly are you going to prove it after all this time? Good luck with that one :rolleyes:

Just Blue

At any time you could have gotten up and walked out, if you were truly as set on not having "bareback sex". Why didnt you?
And, if you were not old enough,mature enough, or in reasonable mental state to choose your partners wisely, why were you having sex?

If you are under such turmoil about this, why havent you acted sooner?
My first thought would have been to do something immediately, not wait 4 years.

This isnt a matter of my personal opinion. Anyone, including law enforcement, would ask you these questions..they are very basic.
Considering you are preggers with a child that is NOT your legal husbands, you should perhaps not throw stones. K?

la_brown09

i am by no means throwing stones(and if it seems that way , i am sincerely sorry), merely stating we are all responsible for decisions we make. I am. She is. Its life. Its all part of accepting responsibility for our own actions.

JitterBob

Thanks Guys

This isn't something I enjoy reminiscing over. Thanks for your advice, even if I wasn't what I wanted to here. It was my bad decision and legally he may not be at fault but I guarantee each one of you would find him at fault if you understood fully the situation.

I have conflicting information, so I'll contact my local police department to find out what's true.

on a side note:
He had oral sex with my friend while I was at school, when I got home I mentioned his status in front of my friend and he freaked out because he hadn't told him. So even though he told me, he obviously doesn't mind infected whoever is willing to have sex with him. I know I'm not the first and won't be the last he infects. I don't think any of you want somebody like that free in society.

JitterBob

i am by no means throwing stones(and if it seems that way , i am sincerely sorry), merely stating we are all responsible for decisions we make. I am. She is. Its life. Its all part of accepting responsibility for our own actions.
RIGHT, which is why I think it should be HIS responsibility before he has sex.

Just as it is now MY responsibility to use a condom if I'm going to have sex. How can I blame somebody I had sex with for ME not wearing a condom.

Also: I could not just "get up and walk out" I wasn't at a brothel I was living with him. You cannot simplify it to "you could have walked out"

Last edited by a moderator:

Isis1

RIGHT, which is why I think it should be HIS responsibility.

Just as it is now MY responsibility to use a condom if I'm going to have sex. How can I blame somebody I had sex with for ME not wearing a condom.

Also: I could not just "get up and walk out" I wasn't at a brothel I was living with him. You cannot simplify it to "you could have walked out"
yes you can. i did. i walked out. 7 years later...i'm doing just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's not that we don't understand why you hold him at fault. It's not that we wouldn't feel the same way in your shoes. It's that legally, you may have waited too long. Understanding your position does not make the statute of limitations go away. Understanding your position does not mean that the legal shortcomings in your claim will go away.

Do NOT go to your local police station for legal advice. The police did not go to law school. Talk to an attorney.

JitterBob

It's not that we don't understand why you hold him at fault. It's not that we wouldn't feel the same way in your shoes. It's that legally, you may have waited too long. Understanding your position does not make the statute of limitations go away. Understanding your position does not mean that the legal shortcomings in your claim will go away.

Do NOT go to your local police station for legal advice. The police did not go to law school. Talk to an attorney.
Yeah, I understand. I'll contact a Defense Attorney than... thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yeah, I understand. I'll contact a Defense Attorney than... thanks
Why?

Look - if you are looking to sue the guy, look to a personal injury attorney.
If you are looking to file a police report, talk to the police.

Don't expect that any charges will come of this.
(meaning that just telling the police doesn't mean the guy will get in to any sort of trouble)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">