• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step mom adopting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dad and Mom are handling THEIR own issues. SO you can step off your soap box. Nothing you have posted has been relevant information anyways. Or legal info for that matter.

Dad and Mom are handling THEIR own issues. SO you can step off your soap box. Nothing you have posted has been relevant information anyways. Or legal info for that matter.
Oh, but I did, Stepmom. The MOTHER of these children has only been out of the picture for a month. Legally speaking, most courts do not consider that abandoment until twelve months of no contact or support! You have missed the point every single time. And I am not the only one who has told you this. You had lawyers, ect...tell you this on this forum. I am not the attention hog around here. Might want to look in the mirror!

Oh, but I did, Stepmom. The MOTHER of these children has only been out of the picture for a month. Legally speaking, most courts do not consider that abandoment until twelve months of no contact or support! You have missed the point every single time. And I am not the only one who has told you this. You had lawyers, ect...tell you this on this forum. I am not the attention hog around here. Might want to look in the mirror!
OK let me say this. Can YOU read perhaps in my MIL original post. MOM has made CONTACT with Dad and WANTS to VOLUNTEER to TERMINATE HER PARENTAL RIGHTS?

Obviously you didn't bother reading anything else either. With that being said I won't be entertaining you with this discussion. Nothing in this thread is being discussed about abandonment so with that being said have a NICE EVENING! and playing by yourself.

happybug

WHERE IS DAD? Is he capable of dealing with him OWN legal issues? If he is able, why is it we have only seen his wife and Mommy? I really can't understand how with all these major legal issues, he has not asked ONE question on his own. We have an over-involved step-mom for months and now we have a Mommy looking out for him. Can this poor man wipe his behind without a woman telling him what to do and how to do it? LEAVE IT TO THE PARENTS! If step and Mommy would step the heck BACK perhaps, the PARENTS might have a better time working this out.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
WHERE IS DAD? Is he capable of dealing with him OWN legal issues? If he is able, why is it we have only seen his wife and Mommy? I really can't understand how with all these major legal issues, he has not asked ONE question on his own. We have an over-involved step-mom for months and now we have a Mommy looking out for him. Can this poor man wipe his behind without a woman telling him what to do and how to do it? LEAVE IT TO THE PARENTS! If step and Mommy would step the heck BACK perhaps, the PARENTS might have a better time working this out.
Come on, bug.... if you lived with first one and then the other of these two harpies, you'd be whipped, too.

Yes Dear he wipes his behind like the rest of us. Now to answer your question. He HAS and Attorney who turns to for Legal advice. WHY? Well he's seen what kind of so called "advice" more so personal attacks that his lovely wife the STEP-mother of his two daughters and Mother has recieved. An Attorney that has been there from day one and that I might say is pretty darn fimiliar with my husbands case. Has seen first hand what Dad has gone through these past few years with the lack of cooperation from the Mother of these two girls.

Oh and let me say this: and NO this Attorney has never sugar coated anything or led Dad to believe that things would go in his favor. With that being said it was a long and lengthy court battle. Loss time with his daughters.

Shall I continue? I think NOT. WHY because my husband has/had a user name and has posted relating to this and got the same reponse.

With that being said there are very few people on here that we respect for their opinions and legal knowledge. Yes they are mostly Senior Members. :eek:

happybug

I have to agree. WHY are you and Mommy posting ( you, non stop BTW ) If dad has such a wonderful atty. handling HIS situation. If Dad is dealing with it, why are you and Mommy here? His lawyer should be giving HIM all the information HE needs. What is YOUR purpose here? Either Dad and his lawyer have it under control and he is not giving you the information you feel ENTITLED to, or Dad's lawyer is giving him answers YOU don't like. Either way, you are WAY out of bounds. Let dad and his lawyer work this out and STAY OUT OF IT. If Dad and his lawyer are working on it, you need to leave it to them. If Dad is not hearing what you want or sharing enough with you, DEAL WITH IT! This is NOT about YOU or Hubby's MOMMY. Stay OUT of it and let the PARENTS and their lawyers handle it.

Yes Dear he wipes his behind like the rest of us. Now to answer your question. He HAS and Attorney who turns to for Legal advice. WHY? Well he's seen what kind of so called "advice" more so personal attacks that his lovely wife the STEP-mother of his two daughters and Mother has recieved. An Attorney that has been there from day one and that I might say is pretty darn fimiliar with my husbands case. Has seen first hand what Dad has gone through these past few years with the lack of cooperation from the Mother of these two girls.

Oh and let me say this: and NO this Attorney has never sugar coated anything or led Dad to believe that things would go in his favor. With that being said it was a long and lengthy court battle. Loss time with his daughters.

Shall I continue? I think NOT. WHY because my husband has/had a user name and has posted relating to this and got the same reponse.

With that being said there are very few people on here that we respect for their opinions and legal knowledge. Yes they are mostly Senior Members. :eek:
Good Lord!! You are still on here arguing with people, Stepmom?? Seriously, if your husband has an attorney then why are you here?? You know what is going to happen each time you post.....you must enjoy it, or else why would you be here??? Here is some free advice for you: My mother went through a similar problem as these childrens mother is going through. We had a STEP-MOM who swooped in and tried to play mommy. But you CAN NOT DO THAT. It is rude, disrespectful, and insensitive. SO, once again: BACK OFF!!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
She likes the attention -- much like LeftOut. Those two are soulmates. Imagine if they were able to get married and what would happen. :eek:

Gracie3787

i'm confused- i didn't know any state except tx would let you do a termination without an adoption except in very RARE circumstances
Oh, how I hate agreeing with the OP (under all her names), but she is correct, Florida is the exception. In Fl a parent can terminate thier rights, but at the same time the court can still order CS if the court belives it's in the child's best interest.

I know, Fl is weird at times, but at least they don't allow a parent to voluntarily give up thier financial responsibilty in most cases.

Oh, how I hate agreeing with the OP (under all her names), but she is correct, Florida is the exception. In Fl a parent can terminate thier rights, but at the same time the court can still order CS if the court belives it's in the child's best interest.

I know, Fl is weird at times, but at least they don't allow a parent to voluntarily give up thier financial responsibilty in most cases.
AH, Gracie....why do ya have to agree with her? ;):p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">