• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stepmom providing health insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2Mistakes

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MS

3 kids, I'm CP, mom is NCP.

At the time of our last mod, kids were covered by CHIPS. Order states that in the event that the kids no longer qualify for CHIPS, I will procure insurance for them and mom and I will 50\50 split all premiums, copays, deductibles, and non-covered medical and dental expenses.

Kids no longer qualify for CHIPS. My wife starts a job Monday that includes benefits, so we'll, be putting the kids on her insurance.

I emailed ex to let her know and she states that 1.) she doesn't want the kids on my wife's insurance because my wife isn't their mom...:confused:. And 2.) she won't pay 1\2 because I'm supposed to provide insurance and I'm not....my wife is.

Aren't I providing insurance via my wife? If she refuses to reimburse 1\2 the premiums would I need to just file for contempt?

Thanks!

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MS

3 kids, I'm CP, mom is NCP.

At the time of our last mod, kids were covered by CHIPS. Order states that in the event that the kids no longer qualify for CHIPS, I will procure insurance for them and mom and I will 50\50 split all premiums, copays, deductibles, and non-covered medical and dental expenses.

Kids no longer qualify for CHIPS. My wife starts a job Monday that includes benefits, so we'll, be putting the kids on her insurance.

I emailed ex to let her know and she states that 1.) she doesn't want the kids on my wife's insurance because my wife isn't their mom...:confused:. And 2.) she won't pay 1\2 because I'm supposed to provide insurance and I'm not....my wife is.

Aren't I providing insurance via my wife? If she refuses to reimburse 1\2 the premiums would I need to just file for contempt?

Thanks!
You know the drill... ;) what does your order say.... without names. I'm not going to play guessing games, even though I like you ;)

2Mistakes

"In the event that the children no longer qualify for CHIPS, (dad) will procure a health/dental insurance policy for the children. (Mom) and (dad) shall each pay one half of all premiums, copays, deductibles, and any non-covered medical/dental expenses."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">