• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Still Fighting a Ticket . . .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knoman

What is the name of your state? California

Thanks for the help. But I still need to know what I can do to resolve this. I don't have $195 to give the courts, even for a day! And I just can't lose my license! Is there someone that I can write to about this? Time is running out!!!!!

CdwJava

knoman said:
Thanks for the help. But I still need to know what I can do to resolve this. I don't have $195 to give the courts, even for a day! And I just can't lose my license! Is there someone that I can write to about this? Time is running out!!!!!
Call the court.

And please leave your replies in the same thread ... it's very difficult to track what is being said when you start a new thread.

- Carl

Pugilist

Don't panic! You're raising MY blood pressure.

Without paying any money, you are entitled to an extension, which can be up to 60 days. All you have to do is ask. You can get it by phone, in person at the courthouse, possibly even on the internet, and even by mail if there's time enough for a (certified, with return receipt) letter to reach them.

When the extension is almost over, you can ask for an arraignment date. You will not have to pay any money to get the date. It will be around 30 days away, depending how busy the court is. At the arraignment you can make a deal with the judge that will give you extra time to pay the money (whether you want to plead not guilty, or guilty).

For this ticket, and for the future, you need to learn more about handling traffic tickets, and I suggest that you go to the library and get one of the books that will tell you how to fight your ticket.

Pug

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">