• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

strapped dad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ronrik

What is the name of your state? New York
At time of separation written up by wife's lawyer and signed by me i agreed to pay more than law said i had to. I also agreed to pay 50% of cost of summer camp,day care and unreimbursed medical charges. My wife has filed for divorce which i uncontested. According to my salary i find i can no longer pay these amounts. Also, her salary is 3 times what mine is.
Can i have separation agreement changed since divorce?

Last edited:

BL

Has the Divorce been finalized,signed by a judge yet ?

I take it you signed the UD7 and sent it back ?

Has The other Party submitted the Divorce papers to the Court yet ?

A signed paper without submitting the terms to the Court and having it Ordered and signed by a Judge is worthless.

If she submitted the same amount in the divorce decree , Submit a Motion to the Court to Fallow the support guidelines , not what the other Party asked for and what you have been paying .

The Judge may change it on his/her own , but I would make a formal request . The Judge should Fallow the Guidelines .

If after the decree is signed and you get a copy, and you feel something isn't right in it, write to the Judge and point what you believe are mistakes and ask for them to be corrected as to what you believe they should be.

This has happened to me ..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">